Want it delivered? Our delivery option is for you.
At Autobarn, we know your time is important and getting to the store can sometimes be inconvenient. This is why we have Delivery for all Autobarn.com.au customers; allowing you to purchase your products online and have them delivered to your door.
Steps to Purchase:
- Select your product
- Add to cart
- Set your preferred delivery method (Standard Delivery for 3-5 business days or Express Delivery for 1-2 days)
- Enter your address details
- Receive your goods
It's simple, easy and convenient.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does it cost?
We offer market competitive rate where possible. Cost varies depending the selected delivery method, size, weight and the distance of the delivery from our eCommerce Hub locations.
Bulky and Dangerous Goods will cost more due to incurred surcharges charged by our Freight Provider
Autobarn does not make any profits from any shipping fees charged for delivery orders.
Different Delivery Options
With standard orders (containing no Bulky items or Dangerous Goods), we currently offer 2 Australia Post Delivery Service Levels for metropolitan areas. The below are the expected time frames for Metropolitan areas, please allow a few extra days for regional areas.
- Express Delivery: 1 to 2 days from time order is dispatched. PLEASE NOTE: Australia Post are not able to currently guarantee the 1 to 2 days Express Post delivery times. Please consider 'Express Post' as 'Priority' and faster service than standard.
- Standard Delivery: 3 to 5 days from time ime order is dispatched.
Bulky / Dangerous Goods
For items which are considered Bulky or Dangerous, due to vehicle restrictions we are only able to offer a Star Track Express service with only a single Service Level.
We estimate delivery times from the time of order to be approximately:
- 2 - 5 days for most metropolitan areas; and
- 7 - 10 days for customers located in more regional areas.
Where do you deliver to?
We currently deliver to all of the Australian mainland, Tasmania and Australian Island and Territories *.
* Exclusions include:
- Australian Antarctic Territories
- Norfolk Island
- Christmas Island
- Cocos Island
We currently have shipping restrictions on the below:
- Australian Antarctic Territories, Norfolk Island, Christmas Island and Cocos Island
- PO Boxes for:
- Dangerous Goods
- Goods over 1 metre in any dimension, or
- Goods weighing 20 kilograms or over.
All orders must be signed for upon delivery. For Non Bulky or Dangerous Goods, we accept PO Boxes. For all orders we accept work places as acceptable delivery locations - as long as we are able to get a signature upon delivery. If we are unable to get a signature, a Sorry we missed You card will be left at the location and the goods can be collected from your local Post Office *
* Excluding Dangerous and Bulky Goods where the goods will be taken to the closest depot. Please see Authority to Leave - Bulky Goods for more information.
Where are orders coming from?
Online delivery orders are dispatched from one of our eCommerce Hub locations. Orders are dispatched by the closest Hub location to your delivery suburb, subject to stock availablity.
Our Freight Providers currently provide Order tracking.
Customers will receive an email with a tracking URL when their order is dispatched from our warehouse.
Updates will be received for the below status updates:
- Picked up
- In Transit
Authority To Leave
By default, orders are not dispatched with an 'Authority to Leave' service - however this service can be selected prior to the order being delivered via the Australia Post Tracking Portal or via the Australia Post communications which are triggered as part of this process.
If Authority To Leave is not requested, all orders must be signed for upon delivery or if no one is home, a card will be left at the premises to advise a pick up point from most likely your local post office..
Bulky / Dangerous Goods
Goods shipped by Star Track are Automatically assigned and Authority to Leave status as they cannot be taken to Post offices due to their size or content.
In the event that a driver feels it is unsafe to leave, the order will be returned to the closest Star Track Depot where it can be collected and a 'Sorry we Missed You' card will be left'. You can either arrange to collect the order from the depot or arrange for another delivery attempts.
Please Note: Only ONE Delivery Reattempt can be requested If the receiver is not at home for the next attempt, the order will again be taken back to the depot where again it can be collected. If it is not collected within 10 days, the order will be sent back to Autobarn and a refund provided - minus the cost of the original freight, any expenses incurred by ourselves as a results of re-attempted deliveries and returning the items to our warehouse.
We do not charge restocking fees
When will my order be shipped?
The warehouse only operates during business hours Monday to Friday.
Autobarn strives to dispatch all orders within 24 hours of the order being received. However during lockdowns and peak periods, your order may be shipped the following business day.
How long the order takes to arrive depends on the order service level selected - Express Vs Standard or if the order has to be shipped using Star Track for Dangerous or Bulky Goods - please view the Different Delivery Options to view different delivery options and expected delivery times
Whilst we try and quote accurate shipping times, we use external suppliers and times quoted may vary depending on remoteness of location.
Note: Please allow one extra day for processing for each public holiday
My order is delayed - why is this?
Whilst me make every effort to ensure orders are shipped on time and arrive on time, there may be some reasons why this cannot occur. These are listed below:
- Public Holidays: Please allow one extra day for each public holiday
- Stock Levels: Whilst the system should only allow the purchase of items which are currently in stock at our warehouse, there may be on some instances of multiple customers purchasing the same instance in a short time frame which does not allow the website to update the stock levels in time to reflect actual available stock levels or particular items.
- Incorrect Address details: If an address has been entered which we cannot deliver to, we may not be aware until such time the freight provider is unable to locate the property. Whilst we do have an address checking system in place, there may be sme occasins where it gets this wrong and cannot deliver to the address being entered. Therefore to avoid any potential issues it is important that that address entered is a real and deliverable address which currently is able to receive mail by Australia Post.
- Security Checks: Our payment providers may hold payments on orders due to what they consider activity which needs to be verified with the payment account holder
Returning an Online Order
We accept that there will be times when a customer may need to return their purchase and will try and accommodate these requests wherever possible.
- Product Fault or Defect
- Change of Mind
- Item not as Described
- Wrong Item Shipped
Please Note: Online purchases cannot be returned in-store. Please visit our returns page for more information on how to make a return.
Where is my Tax Invoice?
By default, the Order Confirmation email can be used as Proof of Purchase but is not a valid Tax Invoice for tax purposes. If you require a Tax Invoice, please Contact Us and we will be happy to provide you with a PDF copy for your records.
Delivery Terms and Conditions
The Autobarn Delivery offer may be unavailable on some or all products during major sales events and promotions.
Autobarn Online Delivery is available only to customers located within Australia.*
During major sales events & promotions item/s in your Order may not be available. Autobarn will contact you to discuss alternative arrangements.
Any orders which cannot be fulfilled due to issues with the supplied address or are not collected from a collection point as stated on the 'Delivery Card' will be refunded minus the cost of the freight using the same payment method. Autobarn will attempt to contact via phone and / or email prior to this occurring to advise that this will be taking place
Autobarn reserves the right to change or discontinue the Delivery service at any time, without notice.
* Please view our FAQ's to determine if we deliver to your area